Animal feed industry:
Prevent dust explosions and fires in animal feed production
In the animal feed industry, work often concerns dried and pulverised raw materials that are dried, crushed, milled and pressed into handy, easily-dosed feed pellets for livestock and pets. Grain, coarse fodder, bone meal and other dusty and combustible raw materials constitute a great fire and explosion hazard. Even minor events may cause irreparable damage on an entire consignment of animal feed that must subsequently be destroyed.
Reliable fire protection tailored to the challenges you as animal feed producer are facing is crucial for the safety and dependability of your company. A fire or explosion may quickly become an expensive event and have serious consequences such as:
- Employee injuries or damages to production machinery
- Production interruptions
- Loss of large amount of products that are to be destroyed due to smoke contamination
- Damages to buildings
- Loss of income
- Expenses for repairs and replacement of damaged machinery
- Loss of customers
Ignition sources in the animal feed industry
Within animal feed production there is a wide range of ignition sources during the production processes that the raw ingredients undergo before they are finished products. Foreign bodies, defective machinery, friction inside mills and grinders or high temperatures during processing are a few examples of the dangers.
The finely-ground and often dusty raw materials are highly combustible, and it often takes no more than a single spark to cause a dust explosion. It is therefore crucial to ensure that even the smallest sparks, embers or overheated objects are detected and extinguished within microseconds.
Particular danger zones in animal feed plants that should be protected include:
- Drying systems
- Cooling systems
- Hammer mills
- Transport systems
- Bucket elevators
- Extraction/ventilation systems
Fire protection tailored to the animal feed industry
At Nextech we have several years’ experience within fire protection of animal feed processing facilities, and we can optimise the fire protection of any animal feed processing plant. We sell some of the world’s most advanced and fastest fire detection, spark detection and spark extinguishing systems. The systems automatically monitor your production and storage facilities, detect sparks, embers and other ignition sources – and, most importantly, extinguish them before they can cause fires and explosions.
The systems are applicable in all types of animal feed production and processing, and we tailor the system to each facility, the raw materials being processed and the types of extinguishment allowed – including gas, water or the diversion of material flows – that work optimally with minimal impact on the animal feeds being produced. Our products include diversion gates, fire traps and shut-off gates in stainless steel for use in the animal feed industries.
A fire protection solution from Nextech includes:
- A fast and reliable fire protection system tailored to your production
- Automatic detection and extinguishment of sparks, embers and other ignition sources – with minimal damage to your production
- Advanced, approved extinguishing measures for the animal feed industry
- Registration of all instances of sparks, embers or (too) high temperatures, ensuring easy identification and remedy of danger zones
- Option of remote visual monitoring of zones with high temperatures through thermographic monitoring
Nextech offers to handle the completion of fire protection projects from idea to finished installation and subsequent service and maintenance.
Read more about our services below:
- Project planning
- Sale of components for:
- Installation and initialisation
- Service and maintenance